Journal Press Releases
- Your Brain is Fine-Tuning it's Wiring Throughout Your Life
- Early Autism Detection: Speech Disrupts Facial Attention in 6-Month-Old Infants Who Later Develop Autism Who Later Develop Autism
- The Loving Touch is Critical for Premature Infants
- Maternal Stress Hormones and Maternal Smoking Increase Daughter's Risk of Nicotine Dependence
- Talk Therapy May Reverse Biological Changes in PTSD Patients
- Depression in Pregnant Mothers May Alter the Pattern of Brain Development in Their Babies
- Hippocampal Volume Loss in Depression Reflects Glial Loss
- Would an "Anti-Ketamine" Also Treat Depression?
- Transmitting Stress Response Patterns Across Generations
- Hypersensitivity to Pain Produced by Early Life Stress is Worsened by Later Stress Exposure
- Are Probiotics a Promising Treatment Strategy for Depression
- Do Sunny Climates Reduce ADHD?
- Exposure to Cortisol-Like Medications Before Birth May Contribute to Emotional Problems and Brain Damage
- What is the Brain Telling Us About the Diagnoses of Schizophrenia and Bipolar Disorder?
- Cocaine Exposure in the Womb: The Brain Structure is Intact but Development is Off Track
- Addiction: Can You Ever Really Completely Leave it Behind?
- A Cautionary Note on Oxytocin as a Treatment for Psychiatric Disorders
- Making the Brain Take Notice of Faces in Autism
- A Calculator to Estimate the Likelihood of Antidepressant Response
- Brain Structural Deficits May Contribute to Increased Functional Connections Between Brain Regions Implicated in Depression
- Is Food Truly Addictive?
- Stimulating the Brain Blunts Cigarette Craving
- A New Treatment Option for Alcohol Dependence: Reduced Consumption Rather Than Abstinence
- Common Gene Variants Explain 42% of Antidepressant Response
- Human Emotion: We Report our Feelings in 3D
- Stroke Risk in Elderly Treated with Antipsychotics is Newly Linked to Specific Drug Actions
- Tickling the Brain with Magnetic Stimulation Improves Memory in Schizophrenia
- Neuron Loss in Schizophrenia and Depression Could Be Prevented With an Antioxidant
- The Mysterious GRIN3A and the Cause of Schizophrenia
- Schizophrenia: A Disorder of Neurodevelopment and Accelerated Aging?
- Worming Our Way to New Treatments for Alzheimer's Disease
- If you are Impulsive, Take Modafinil and Count to Ten
- Life Experiences Put Their Stamp on the Next Generation: New Insights from Epigenetics
- Scopolamine: An Old Drug with New Psychiatric Applications
- Declining Access to Electroconvulsive Therapy: A Clinical Choice or an Economic One?
- How do Happiness and Sadness Circuits Contribute to Bipolar Disease?
- Borderline Personality Disorder: The "Perfect Storm" of Emotion Dysregulation
- Rats, Like Humans, Return to Drinking Once Punishment Is Removed
- Disulfiram: New Support for an Old Addiction Drug
- A Risk Gene for Cannabis Psychosis
- Preventing Postraumatic Stress Disorder by Facing Trauma Memories
- Treating Cocaine Dependence: A Promising New Pharmacotherapy
- Next-Generation Treatments Fragile X Syndrome
- Oxytocin Produces More Engaged Fathers and More Responsive Infants
- Does the Brain Become Unglued in Autism?
- Low Ghrelin - Reducing Appetite at the Cost of Increased Stress?
- Stress Hormones: Good or Bad for Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Risk?
- Brain Development is delayed in Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
- Mental Disorders Impair Economic Success in Developed Countries
- Classifying Neural Circuit Dysfunctions Using Neuroeconomics
- Neuroeconomics to Study Decision-Making in Anxious Individuals
- Using Neuroeconomics to Study Psychiatry
- Molecular Clues to the Link Between Childhood Maltreatment and Later Suicide
- Childhood Adversity Increases Risk for Depression and Chronic Inflammation
- Ketamine Improved Bipolar Depression within Minutes
- New Treatment for Irritability in Autism
- PTSD Psychotherapy Is Enhanced with D-Cycloserine
- Psychiatric Medication Effects on Brain Structure
- The Music of the (Hemi)spheres Sheds New Light on Schizophrenia
- Gifts of the MAGI in Schizophrenia and Bipolar Disorder
- Exploring the Antidepressant Effects of Testosterone
- Activity in Brain Networks Related to Features of Depression
- Protecting Your Brain: ‘Use It or Lose It’
- Striatal Brain Volume Predicts Huntington Disease Onset
- Evidence of Familial Vulnerability for Epilepsy and Psychosis
- Does Depression Contribute to the Aging Process?
- A New Link between Traumatic Brain Injury and Posttraumatic Stress Disorder
- Low Dopamine Levels During Withdrawal Promote Relapse to Smoking
- The Dark Path to Antisocial Personality Disorder
- GABA Deficits Disturb Endocannabinoid System
- In Schizophrenia Research, A Path to the Brain Through the Nose
- Who's Not Sleeping? Insomnia Accounts for 13.6% of Days Lost to Chronic Conditions
- Cortisol Response Predicts "Freezing" Under Stress by Police Officers
- Estrogen Effects on Brain Function May Contribute to Anxiety Problems
- The Body Knows What the Mind Does Not: Panic Attacks Can Be Predicted by Silent Physiologic Instability
- Maternal Separation Stresses the Baby
- Impulsive versus Controlled Men: Disinhibited Brain and Disinhibited Behavior
- Influencing Craving for Cigarettes by Stimulating the Brain
- Do Deficits in Brain Cannabinods Contribute to Eating Disorders?
- Exploring the Genetic Risk for Schizophrenia: Different Genes but the Same Pathway
- More Exciting News About Inhibitory Brain Activity in Schizophrenia
- Multiple Alcohol Detoxifications Impair Ability to Abstain from Alcohol
- Rare Variants in a Nicotine Receptor Gene Protect Against Smoking
- Is Your Spouse Happy? Martial Satisfaction Influences Men's Risk of Drug Use
- Depressed Dad = Stressed Children?
- For Depression, Relapsers go to the Front of the Brain
- Good Ruminations or Bad Ruminations in the Depressed Brain?
- The Secret to Successful Aging: Focus on the Positive
- Small Hippocampus Associated with Depression in the Elderly: Risk Factor or Shrinkage?
- Can One Model the Social Deficits of Austim and Schizophrenia in Animals?
- The Mirror Neuron System in Austim: Broken or Just Slowly Developing?
- A Screening Test for Cognitive Therapy? Predicting Which Patients may Benefit from Treatment for Depression
- Serotonin: A Critical Chemical for Human Intimacy and Romance
- Hippocampal Volume and Resilience in Posttraumatic Stress Disorder
- Micro-RNAs Contribute to Risk for Panic Disorder
- A New Clue to the Genetics of Bipolar Disorder: Piccolo
- Treatment for Manic-Depressive Illness Restores Brain Volume Deficits
- Training the Brain to Think Ahead in Addiction
- Protracted Abstinence Revisited