71st Annual Scientific Convention & Meeting
May 12-14, 2016
GEORGE N. THOMPSON AWARD FOR DISTINGUISHED SERVICE
- The award is intended to honor members of the Society who have given outstanding service to promote the welfare of the organization.
- The recipient may be honored for work in the areas of leadership, governance, development of publications, special projects, financial contributions, or other service recognized as distinguished by the Council.
- The award will be advertised yearly, but Council reserves the right to make no award in any year.
- Members of the Society should submit a letter describing the distinguished work of the member being nominated.
- The award committee will review all nominations and recommend a recipient to Council for approval.
- The award will be presented by the President of the Society at the 71st Annual Meeting in Atlanta, Georgia on Friday, May 13, 2016.
- All applications must be submitted on-line.
- Nominations must be submitted on-line before or on September 30, 2015.
PREVIOUS RECIPIENTS (partial listing)
|2005||Trey Sunderland, MD - National Institute of Mental Health|
|2006||Dennis S. Charney, MD - Mount Sinai School of Medicine|
|2007||Margaret Peterson, MBA - Society of Biological Psychiatry|
|2008||Joel E. Kleinman, MD, PhD - National Institute of Mental Health|
|2009||Peter Roy-Byrne, MD - University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle|
|2010||Elliott Richelson, MD - Mayo Clinic|
|2011||John Krystal, MD - Yale University|
|2012||J. John Mann, MD - Columbia University|
Daniel S. Pine, MD - National Institute of Mental Health
|2014||Linda Carpenter, MD - Butler Hospital/Brown University|
|2015||Scott L. Rauch, MD - McLean Hospital|
Society of Biological Psychiatry